Friday, May 18, 2007

Driving in My City


People in my city loose their manner at the moment they sit behind the stirring wheel. It’s like the streets are a jungle and there are two roles to play either a deer or a lion. It’s not a jungle out there are lined lanes white to show you where you stand yellow to show where you might not, I don’t suppose the city spend money on painting the streets because it’s art.

I believe in a city who have the best paved roads and new intricate tunnels and bridges drivers need to be more civilized. Why don’t we give space for car to take the turn, it’s like when you see a car signaling in your way you take upon your self to make it as difficult as possible for them to changes lanes, which only results in making the poor driver miss the turn or way they had to take.

Then honking at car when the lights just turned green. If the first car didn’t move after 10 secs then you got all the right to honk at them. People should count to 10 then get frustrated with other drivers.

For a while I thought I’d carry some roses with me so every time some driver give me way or treats me well I’d give it to them show good will. then I can’t play catch up and try giving them the rose so I’ve let it drop.

If you get involved in a car accident and it wasn’t your fault don’t start yelling at the other driver and don’t bite you’re their head off. The next time you might cause it and surely in that moment your already upset and you don’t want someone getting angry with you.

I believe that if you treat others well then other will treat you well. It’s annoying when someone won’t give way because of a drivers nationality “that is beyond being racist” and sadly a lot of our kind are like that! Then some people feel entitled to the road they would run over anyone who doesn’t get out of their way and other will drive slower than a snail.

I’ve been in several accidents nothing serious and all were with pleasant people ‘thank God’, I never honk at anyone I find it to be very rude. My friends keep saying that I’m being silly. I think it’s already noise in the streets why add more. I always give other car a chance to cross and change lanes.

I believe if you put positive energy out you get some in too. I also believe in Karma, and in the concept of treating your fellow human the way you wish to be treated.


The wise one says
‘Don’t drive if you can walk’

No comments: